Subscription Plan Sources
Besides creating subscription plans manually in the Subscription management cockpit there are other processes which trigger the creation of subscription plans and lines. These are:
- Custom LISA web services – these expose both a JSON and SOAP endpoint. For more information on such endpoints please review the Integration lesson.
- LISA entities – these are used in DIXF imports and as oDATA endpoint
- Sales Quotations – It is possible to create a sales quotations of type subscription which when confirmed creates a subscription plan.
- Project Quotations and Projects – By adding an WBS activity of type item which is of type subscription product you can then trigger the creation of a subscription plan through the “Transfer from WBS to subscription” button.
- Subscription copies – If you copy a subscription plan this results in the creation of a copy of that subscription plan
- Subscription templates – You can expedite the process of subscription creation by starting from a subscription plan template
- Intercompany subscriptions – When configured as such, a subscription plan created in one legal entity can trigger the creation of a subscription in another legal entity (December 2020 release onwards)
- Dynamics 365 Project Operations – Subscription plans can be triggered from a project created with Dynamics 365 Project Operations.
The diagram below summarised the subscription plan sources discussed above.